Recent case win for irwin mitchell solicitors regarding p.i.p. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recent case win for irwin mitchell solicitors regarding p.i.p.

Options
Confused
Confused Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
I did a statement for Irwin Mitchell regarding the p.I.p. case. What I feel happened while I waited for my assessment was I lost a considerable amount of money. Because of waiting I had to pay for my own tube fares and taxi fares over a year. This was expenses that should not of been paid due to the fact I qualify for a freedom pass and taxicard. When I complained about the long wait to Atos about the long wait they apologized, I then asked about being compensated regarding all the costs I played over the year plus. They have refused to respond regarding this. That I find rude. I also found with Atos that they never took into consideration how a wheelchair user would get to the venue where the assessment takes place. Two of my appointments were cancelled because the nearest station had no disabled access. They never openly told me they pay for taxi fares but when I found out I thought great, until I realised you have to find the money first and claim it back. This obviously was a issue for me. £49 return journey is a lot of money. I explained this and to my absolute surprise they finally used a bit of common sense. They arranged with a taxi company where they pay later. If this had been done sooner I would of only waited 12 months not 14 months.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.