my nan and grandad — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my nan and grandad

Options
rebecca101
rebecca101 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My nan has serious memory loss keeps going out and getting lost forgets things that have been said to her in an instant and is not diagnosed this is taking weeks my grandad has cancer is on dialysis, deaf and is suffering from blood clots in his legs and lungs struggles to walk unaided and is apparently not disabled they are both in need of serious help they do bad things like leave the oven stove on I'm suprised the house is still standing to be honest they have a bad mice problem that they cannot afford to fix and the council won't pay for is there any help I can get for them like a live in carer? and is there any other help they can get they are both retired and living on a small pension please help xx

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Rebecca101,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties your grandparents are having.
    Have they had a care assessment by the local authority?
    If you would like to talk about this in more detail and look at other sources of financial help, please get in touch with me at the helpline. We can also help find them some local advice and support.

Kind regards
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.