are you a client, service user, patron, employer? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

are you a client, service user, patron, employer?

be96erj
be96erj Community member Posts: 3 Connected
For those that have a personal assistant for their home care needs- how do you like to be refereed to in that relationship? A client, service user, patron, employer.....?

Comments

• LucysLight
    LucysLight Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I have nurses as well as carers/PAs in and I use various depending on the situation. Sometimes client, sometimes employer, sometimes recipient. Often I get called patient, purely because I have nursing as well as carers (ITU-trained nurses 7am-11pm, carer 10pm-7am) and I'm currently cared for by a nursing agency. It really just depends. Use whatever you feel comfortable with and what you would like to be called. I had care from a finders agency back in 2009 and they referred to my carers as buddies, but can't remember what they called the people in receipt of care. What would you rather be called? I like to be called employer, because it helps everyone understand that I'm in authority and helps other people understand what I'm capable of if that makes sense.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.