Reducing hours at work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reducing hours at work

the_velvet_girl
the_velvet_girl Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
Has anyone managed to reduce the hours they work? My CP seems to be getting worse as I get older and I'm struggling to work full time and look after myself and family. I would love to only work 3-4 days a week and have discussed this several times with my boss who constantly says I can go part time when we get more funding or someone leaves but I'm yet to be offered reduced hours. I discussed this with my GP who offered to sign me off sick but I don't feel this is productive. I discussed part time hours with my depute boss today who suggested retiring and claiming Pip! I'm only in my 20's! Does anyone have any tips for dealing with employers. I don't want to say I'm not coping at work as the last time I did this I got suspended from clinical duties incase I harmed a service user!

Comments

• VickyS
    VickyS Community member Posts: 129 Connected
    Hi the_velvet_girl,
    I haven't been through this personally however your employer is obligated to allow you to go part time (as a reasonable adjustment) unless they can justify that it's unreasonable for them to accommodate it. This is the law as per the Equality Act 2010! If I were you I would talk to ACAS (http://www.acas.org.uk/) and get some expert advice in this area.
    Best of luck!
    Vicky xx
  • the_velvet_girl
    the_velvet_girl Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    I'll give them a phone but boss has said that it could be disruptive for service users if I'm only there part of the week.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.