hello everyone i wanna learn about geting into collage — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hello everyone i wanna learn about geting into collage

Options
Shawnee Reck
Shawnee Reck Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i am 24 years old but steps do i need to take and what do i do to get in my my collage of choice

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 126 Listener
    Options
    Hey Shawnee

Have you looked into an EHCP? EHCP's (Education, Health & Care Plans) are gradually replacing SEN statements - and one of the great things about them is that they are explicitly supposed to take into consideration the aspirations of the child or young person, and things should be put into motion to help them attain their goals. You can request them up until age 25 and a part of the process is naming a school/college. Might be worth exploring.

Also worth noting is this - young people wanting an EHCP can get help with the process in the form of a scheme called Independent Support. It's provided by different organisations in different areas (Scope, for example, provides Independent Support in 6 counties)

More info on all of this here: http://www.councilfordisabledchildren.org.uk/independentsupport

good luck!

-B xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.