Hi, my name is bvpi157! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bvpi157!

Options
bvpi157
bvpi157 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Transport Project Manager in London, keen to see changes that make every journey matter, for everyone

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Welcome to community. Feel free to ask any questions that may help you with your projects and research. You have an important and interesting job continuing to make transport in London inclusive and accessible for all. Let us know if there is anything you need help with.

Kind regards

Noah
  • bvpi157
    bvpi157 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I am pitching for funding for a pilot or rollout in this financial year, at an internal Dragon's Den type event on 7 October.

I've got some wordings I'd like to run past you and this community...

Priority Seat Please
    Please May I Sit Down?
    I Need a Seat
    Help! I Need a Seat
    Need to Sit Down
    Please Offer Your Seat
    Please Offer Me a Seat
    Priority Seat

The proposal is for a free badge to be issued on demand from stations or online and then posted, using the same process as for a Baby on Board badge. This is intended to be as accessible as possible, so I'm also proposing free issue to hospitals, GP surgeries etc for people to be able to get one as soon as they have a medical need for a seat.

I'd be grateful for any feedback on the wordings (including alternative suggestions) and on the process. I did consider an application form/submission of proof but this seemed an onerous process when what is being asked for is consideration from fellow travellers!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.