Hi, my name is Golfjay! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Golfjay!

Golfjay
Golfjay Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello I have 17 year old twins my son has no problems but my daughter has a learning disability along side some very complex medical conditions. I find it very hard sometimes with the reactions of other people towards my daughter and over the years she has been a victim of hate crime along with being bullied she stuggles to understand the world around her and why people can and are nasty to her when she has done nothing to anyone. Thank you for taking time to read this as when its a bad day you feel very alone

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Golfjay,

Welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself. Hopefully you've had a chance to browse through all the various discussions and tips by now. I hope you find it helpful and I hope you don't feel quite so alone now.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • abstractLucas
    abstractLucas Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Hi Golfjay,
    Sounds like you have your hands full! I know what you mean about the reactions if other people being hard to deal with - my 14 year old son doesn't notice it himself, when people stare he just smiles waves because he doesn't understand why they're staring! (Wheelchair, dysmorphic features, SLD etc). Hopefully this will be downers you can come and vent every so often to people who know what you're on about!
    Lucas

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.