Hi, my name is marionstanton! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is marionstanton!

marionstanton
marionstanton Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am Marion Stanton. I authored the Cerebral Palsy handbook and, more recently, "Can I tell you About Cerebral Palsy?" both published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.

I am lead trainer and assessor at Communication and Learning Enterprises which is a communication aid and learning support centre working nationally.

I have recently had a phonics programme published which has been specifically designed to meet the needs of students who rely on Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and/or Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN). It is called "Phonics for All".

I am passionate about the teaching of literacy and am working with a group of like minded people to set up a national federation to promote good practice in the UK.

Last but by no means least I am the mother of 3 adult children one of whom has cerebral palsy and one of whom works with us as our programme writer.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.