Hi, my name is KarenD! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is KarenD!

Options
KarenD
KarenD Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My husband and I currently run The Salvation Army Church & Community Centre which is situated I between Childwall and Belle Vale. We have recently started a group for 0-5's for children with disabilities and additional needs and their families. We thought by joining the Scope Community, we could introduce ourselves, ask advice, try to meet your needs and provide a safe and welcoming environment for you and your family.

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi KarenD,

Welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself. We have some good information about Play on the website, if you haven't already seen it, you can find it here http://www.scope.org.uk/support/families/play
    Lovely to have you here and good luck with the new group :)

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • KarenD
    KarenD Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Debbie. I will take a look. We are trying hard to get word out about our group by signing up to online groups, council website, have been round our local sure start children's centres and G.P's and Alder Hey Hospital, advertised in local supermarket, but have so far reached only a couple of families. Does anyone have any ideas how we can reach families in Liverpool, just needing a safe place to come to for a couple of hours. Our time together is split up into story time, craft, singing, sensory room and lunch. Our Facebook Page Liverpool Valley Salvation Army shows a video of the sensory room and photos of our hall. If you can think of anything else we could do, we welcome any advice.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    How about contacting our Merseryside Services and spreading the word with them? More information about the services on the website and contact details should be on the individual pages http://www.scope.org.uk/support/services/scope-merseyside
    I hope this helps :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.