Keeping the Costs Down - What can be improved? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Keeping the Costs Down - What can be improved?

ChristopherDolman
ChristopherDolman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I'm a final-year Product Design student at the University of Huddersfield, and I'm investigating the high financial costs associated with disability. As I'm sure a lot of you are aware, the recent report from the Extra Costs Commission states that disabled people on average spend an extra £550 per month on costs related to their disability, which is a serious issue I hope to tackle through a new product design or redesign.

I would like to ask if anybody on here knows of any products that they feel are needlessly expensive for what they are? Are there any products that you feel are out-of-reach for those who need them because of their cost?

I'm also very interested to hear what extra everyday expenses people face, such as having to replace clothing and footwear more often, paying extra on energy bills, or extra transport costs?

I would also be extremely grateful if people could fill out this quick questionnaire relating to the extra costs people face - http://goo.gl/forms/vIuh3DZXVY

Don't worry, all personal information will be kept completely confidential, and responses to the questionnaire are also completely anonymous.

Thank you,

Christopher Dolman
University of Huddersfield

I can be contacted privately at the following email address: u1259282@unimail.hud.ac.uk

*Disclaimers* By responding to this post or questionnaire you are consenting to any data given being used for the purposes of academic research and a potential design concept. All personal details will be kept confidential in accordance with the University of Huddersfield's ethical guidelines. No payment will be given for participation in this research.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.