If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Hi, my name is Chloe!

ChloeChloe Posts: 6Member Listener
I am a teenager living with shunt corrected hydrocephalus but things have cropped up the past that have led to me now having a slight weakness on my right side. I just want to know if anyone else has this condition and might be to pass on inofrmation on how you have coped with hydrocephalus.

Replies

• Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Posts: 947Member Pioneering
    Hi Chloe,

Welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself :)
  • htlcyhtlcy Posts: 132Member Pioneering
    Hi there Chloe. I do not have hydrocephalus but I have a weakness (right sided hemiparesis) that is a form of cerebral palsy. Hope you can find some useful answers! :)
  • ChloeChloe Posts: 6Member Listener
    Hi, and yes that has answered a few thou I have had. How do you cope with a weakness on the right side. The only way I can say that I have managed to cope and move on would be that I have a very supportive family and a nother who doesn't and wouldn't let my needs be an excuse. She has included me with everything.

I know a few people with cerebal palsy and was just wondering if you use a wheelchair or any other sorts of equipment to help you with day to day life.

Thanks
Sign in or join us to comment.