cerebral palsy and losing feeling in my toes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

cerebral palsy and losing feeling in my toes

Options
samantha106
samantha106 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2015 in Cerebral palsy
hey I'm Samantha I am 18 I have cerebral palsy and recently I have lost feeling in my big toes they have gone numb I was wondering of this is part of the condition or something else?

Comments

• Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi Samantha - I would see your GP or physiotherapist asap. It could be a nerve entrapment as the sciatic nerve runs all the way to your big toes. Have you got any back or hip tightness/ pain? Nerve entrapment can happen to anyone, but are common with Cerebral Palsy.

It could also be a circulation problem are your feet cold? Don't delay in seeing someone about this. I would see your GP and physiotherapist in the first instance, they will be able to advise and get you the right treatment. You should get someone to look at this for you asap as you don't want to leave it and it gets worse. Hope this helps Good luck
    Let us know how you get on.
    Best wishes
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Options
    A question to ask is, has the problem with the lack of feeling in your big toe started following a change in your splint or footware setup? Incorrectly fitting footware etc is a very common cause of numb toes.

I agree with stayce that you need to get this one professionally investigated asap.

Noah

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.