Communication — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Communication

Options
Nadine76
Nadine76 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi there, i could really do with some advice regarding my son, he is starting to notice what he can and can't do, and comparing himself to other children, I haven't yet told him of his condition and the possible difficulties that he may have as he grows up, but I feel that I want to give him as much information as I can, but I know it needs to be done sensitively and I really would appreciate some advice on how the best way to communicate this to my son.

Comments

• VickyS
    VickyS Community member Posts: 129 Connected
    Options
    Hi Nadine76,
    I don't have any experience of this personally but I think Scope produced a book called Haylee's friends which is a story book that explains cp to children (http://www.scope.org.uk/support/families/books/children). This might be a nice way to introduce him to the idea that he may have to do things differently to other children. But I think the most important thing is to make sure that any message you do give him is positive.
    Vicky xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.