Education and learning
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Educational Psychologist

JoJo64JoJo64 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2016 in Education and learning
My son is 12 and is in year 7 and has had anxieties and struggled getting him to school since starting Secondary school in September. On the advice of a friend who is a retired social worker I requested a referral to an Educational Psychologist but was told by the year head that they wouldn't as that is only for total refusers. I would like to know if this is correct or can I insist on being referred . I'm at the end of my tether , my son does not have any disabilities apart from this anxiety for school and leaving me but I have mental health issues. Please can you advise me of my rights for my son to see an educational psychologist.
Many thanks
Sign in or join us to comment.