Is there a difference between low achiever and General learning difficulties? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there a difference between low achiever and General learning difficulties?

paula609
paula609 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2016 in Education
My son had a problem spotted at school and I eventually got him tested by the school , the result was processing problem. He had an EP assessment which I never received results of but I was told he was a low achiever with a low working memory, I was informed first by Banardos my supporters, the head, and also connexions and then eventually the EP herself . I was unhappy as EP told everyone except me the result so I emailed a complaint. She called and asked can she come to my home to explain her findings. During the visit she said she was going to do more tests and this time the result was General learning difficulties. I have since been informed the two are the same. I cant believe they are but as my local councils head of SEND tells me this is the case and I can't argue if I am unaware so leaves me unsure what to think. I also ended up paying for a private assessment which showed Dyspraxia with possible co occurring Asperger's. Any advice please,

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.