wheelchair? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

wheelchair?

Options
Thomas2
Thomas2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
my son is nearly 16years old and mainly dependant in a powered wheelchair balder/etac which now stopped selling them which is fine as I am not happy with the company. I wonder if anyone of you wheelchair users have issue with companies who are "abled bodies" if that what we call them selling wheelchair to disabled people where they have no empathy or understanding. I wish to know and should there be a company of disabled people selling wheelchairs as obviously the best people to know and understand?

Secondly I am looking thinking now at a wheelchair which can change to standing position as well as tilt back and raise up etc as I seen one at Cyclone mobility which had new latest one from france. I wonder what anyone think of a powered chair that can change to standing. my son physio keep making reservation about it. How can my son be empowered in his decision on what he want/wish but also be able to do the job safely on his body without worsen it further?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.