Ways to help my spastic diplegia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ways to help my spastic diplegia

Options
Tash026
Tash026 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
Hi I am a 40 year old lady with spastic diplegia CP.
What medications would help my muscle spasms and tightness?
What exercise would help my condition?
What could I do at home to help my condition?

If anyone has any tips or advice I would love to hear from you. Thanks

Comments

• HeatherM
    HeatherM Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation to you with spastic diplegia CP and in my 40s-  I enjoy swimming - but haven't been for a while its really good for fitness as well- depending on how warm the pool is when its cold I find it more difficult.  I've been referred for botox injections but haven't started them yet.  sitting in hot tubs, hot stone massages are some of the things I tried. 
  • Siouxzie
    Siouxzie Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Options
    Hi Heather and Tash, as an ageing CP sufferer - stretching exercises and exercises to improve balance are very important to keep us going (as with anybody).  A sympathetic trainer should be able to help tailor exercises to your individual requirements. I have to go to someone to make me exercise as I don't have the discipline to do it at home!  I have had botox injections and they didn't help me, but they must help some people or they wouldn't persevere.  I have been prescribed Baclofen as a muscle relaxant, at the moment I just take one at night. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.