Hi, my name is LizA! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is LizA!

Options
LizA
LizA Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi my son is a teenager with cerebral palsy. I am joining the community because I want to know what people have found helpful. Right now my son is having a difficult time and I want to support him as best I can so am looking for advice.

Comments

• Jgeek
    Jgeek Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Options
    Hi Welcome to our community, I'm 27 with cerebral palsy and help out on here. I'm afraid I'm not a parent but I was a teenager with CP and worked with disabled young people between degrees too. What is he finding difficult?
  • JenniferU
    JenniferU Community member Posts: 108 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @LizA and welcome to the community! It looks like you could benefit a lot by talking to @Andrewlinwood who seems to be going through similar issues with his teenage daughter. Hope you find the support you need!
  • Andrewlinwood
    Andrewlinwood Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    My 14 year old daughter has cerebral palsy. My wife and I would like to share views with other parents on this condition; especially at this crucial time in her life. She has mobility and speech problems but is otherwise a well-rounded young girl. However, we have noticed that her peers are developing socially at a faster rate and she is beginning to get left behind by her cohort. Any similar experiences and coping strategies would be welcome.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.