Budget Cuts — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Budget Cuts

JBryson
JBryson Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Will you support my petition to get it active (I need 5 supporters) and then publicise it?
The budget debacle is a disgrace. George Osborne just doesn't get how the PIP changes at the same time as tax cuts for the rich looks. While it has been reversed, I am incensed. It basically says to disabled - you are not valued, but wealthy people are. That is wrong.
While I know other campaigns against the cuts go on, I think another tack could make it more personal and highlight that policy makers are out of touch. Get them to live like a disabled person for 24 hours. See what it is like to try and do everyday things. Then if they make policy, it is with the humility of having experienced it a bit.
I have set up a petition. I need 5 supporters and then it will go live.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/125170/sponsors/cNe7iM103GqLJteYDkBJ
Please help me get it active. Then publicise and if it goes viral, it might be discussed in parliament.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.