government cuts — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

government cuts

Options
7Rainbows
7Rainbows Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Is this true that SCOPE have welcomed Stephen Crabb, congratulating him on his new appointment?

http://dpac.uk.net/2016/03/crabb-welcomed-by-scope-but-not-by-dpac/

Are you aware that this man voted for the cuts to ESA and PIP to be included in the recent budget?

How can this man who wants to cut essential benefits for people with disabilities be welcomed by a charity who supposed to be supporting us who are unable to work due to disability?

Conditions such as MS, muscular dystrophy, cancer etc make returning to work impossible for some.

I would like to know your thoughts.

Comments

• Momolino
    Momolino Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    The politicians who are responsible for ESA cuts are a disgrace. The cuts will cause a lot of hardship for people with disabilities. I come from another EU country and have been living here in the UK for over a decade. It's been the 2nd time now that I have had to apply for ESA. I have a physical and mental health disability, and under the UK system especially my mental health has become much worse over the years. The services are so inhumanly underfunded which causes a lot of damage. I had good quality services available back home, and could get rehabs being paid over the nhs, although they were in a private clinic. The UK benefit and health system creates a two class society. Disabled people are treated like scum and are just seen as a cost factor. Only people who have money and a private insurance get access to good treatments. The worst authority I have ever dealt with is ESA. It's deliberately done that they hide themselves behind 'walls' and only use call centres. In my home country no Job Centre or Housing Executive has security staff. No documents get lost because of misadministration. Staff is competent and well qualified for their jobs. You can rely on the information they provide. From my experience ESA is not fit for purpose. It's unethical and inhuman. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.