Don't know which way to turn next — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Don't know which way to turn next

Options
Jojo15
Jojo15 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hello my name is Hannah and I'm an educational psychologist.

Comments

• Jojo15
    Jojo15 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hello Hannah i am after some advice and don't know which way to turn next. My son is 9 and we have always thought he was unlike children his age. He was delayed from an early age but no one picked up on this. He is now under others but still feel no one believes us. He is socially and emotionally immature and has anxiety issues. The problem is that we have always said this has never been about his academic levels but does have some issues with motor skills such as writing, cutting, drawing any advice on which way to turn or what could be the issues.
  • EducationalPsychologist
    EducationalPsychologist Community member Posts: 118 Courageous
    Options
    Hello Jojo15. There are many reasons why a child can present as socially, emotionally and/or academically behind their peers. I would recommend an assessment to explore each area further. An educational or clinical psychologist can do this. When children are anxious this can affect their learning. Equally, when a child has difficulties with learning, this can cause them anxiety. You need to understand the root cause of his difficulties so that you can plan for how best to help him to progress. In my experience, parent instinct is very rarely wrong!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.