please can you help recommend us a good resource / website for different slings for ceiling tracks? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

please can you help recommend us a good resource / website for different slings for ceiling tracks?

toast
toast Community member Posts: 46 Listener

Comments

• toast
    toast Community member Posts: 46 Listener
    Hi - please can you help recommend us a good resource / website for different slings for ceiling tracks? We've had the tracking but no slings. Our OT has said to get back to her with some suggestions after going to Naidex etc but tbh I really didn't have a clue. A bit chicken and egg iykwim. OT resources are v tight in this area so don't really think I'm going to get lots of appts with OTs and reps. Is there any website which will narrow down the field / explain different sling types to me? TIA
  • BusyOT
    BusyOT Community member Posts: 76 Listener
    Hi toast, Bit daft that they gave you tracking but have left you without any slings!! The problem you will have is that the sling loops will need to be compatible with your track. You could try and find the maker of the hoist and then google them, phone the customer services and they will give you the contact for the local rep. The local rep can then come and meet you both and they can do the measurements and give you all the advice in one visit. If you can't find the make of the hoist then you could contact one of the local disability equipment suppliers (the shops that sell bath aids, mobility scooters etc) - they are usually very helpful and will come to the house, look at the hoist, measure for slings and then sell them to you! In my experience the reps are excellent and very skilled at measuring and advising. Good luck - let me know if you are still stuck and I'll see if I can think of another way round this. Arlene

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.