I am an Occupational Therapist in Gibraltar working with babies, children, and young adults — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am an Occupational Therapist in Gibraltar working with babies, children, and young adults

Options
Janine
Janine Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited October 2021 in Sensory impairments

Comments

• Janine
    Janine Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Hi Chris,

I am an Occupational Therapist in Gibraltar working with babies, children, and young adults with additional needs. I worked for the local health Authority for 20 years and I now have my own independent practice.

Pleased to meet you
  • LondonSpeechTherapy
    LondonSpeechTherapy Community member Posts: 60 Connected
    Options
    Dear Janine,

Thanks it's nice to 'meet' you too :)
  • kelly2016
    kelly2016 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Options
    Hi my child had a OT assessment and she has sensory processing difficulties  her assessment seem to focus on her motor co-ordination and vestibular difficulties and fine motor  but the report doesn't say anything about her sensitivity to sounds which is a big problem. She needs ear defenders and regular breaks at school quiet time as she becomes over loaded and cannot filter environmental noises out.   Would this be a different assessment to get these reconmendations ? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.