If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

My son just turned 5 and he has speech delays.


  • IsmaeelIsmaeel Posts: 2Member

    just came across this forum and looks very helpful. My son just turned 5 and he has speech delays. he does have understanding issues as well but with little help gets to know what is being said to him. I need help with developing his speech as at school he is not doing very great and is mostly wandering alone as he is not a big talker and cant get to make any friends.His confidence is hence getting affected He doesnt have a statement as the doctors ruled out ASD sometime ago. He Says very few sentences and is not proceeding further. Can u please advise where should i go to get his speech therapy done so he can start talking properly. Please respond i am very very desperate for an answer.
  • LondonSpeechTherapyLondonSpeechTherapy Posts: 60Member
    edited January 2017
    Dear Ismaeel, 

    Thank you for your question. Has your son been discharged by the NHS Speech Therapist? You can re-refer via the GP; personally or via school. I feel that based on what you had described that this should be the first step. If you wanted to access private SLT the Association of Speech & Language Therapists in Independent Practise can be found at http://www.helpwithtalking.com.


Sign in or join us to comment.