My son just turned 5 and he has speech delays. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son just turned 5 and he has speech delays.

Options
Ismaeel
Ismaeel Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Sensory impairments

Comments

• Ismaeel
    Ismaeel Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Chris,

just came across this forum and looks very helpful. My son just turned 5 and he has speech delays. he does have understanding issues as well but with little help gets to know what is being said to him. I need help with developing his speech as at school he is not doing very great and is mostly wandering alone as he is not a big talker and cant get to make any friends.His confidence is hence getting affected He doesnt have a statement as the doctors ruled out ASD sometime ago. He Says very few sentences and is not proceeding further. Can u please advise where should i go to get his speech therapy done so he can start talking properly. Please respond i am very very desperate for an answer.
  • LondonSpeechTherapy
    LondonSpeechTherapy Community member Posts: 60 Connected
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Dear Ismaeel, 

Thank you for your question. Has your son been discharged by the NHS Speech Therapist? You can re-refer via the GP; personally or via school. I feel that based on what you had described that this should be the first step. If you wanted to access private SLT the Association of Speech & Language Therapists in Independent Practise can be found at http://www.helpwithtalking.com.

BW

Chris

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.