Botox — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Botox

51412143 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I've been in a lot of pain with muscle spasms and my left foot is so tight that i'm waiting for a consultant appointment to discuss using  Botox to help. I use a splint but my foot is not laying flat and the orthotist has suggested this treatment. I just wondered if this helps in older people with cp [i'm almost 60]I know it's been used for children. Lynne Reynolds

Comments

• Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering

Hi Lynne

Yes botox can be used to give temporary relief from tight muscles for adults as well as children. However, it isn't suitable for everyone so individual assessment by a Consultants is important. There is general information about botox available at : www.scope.org.uk/support/families/therapies/botox

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• Squigg
    Squigg Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    I did try Botox for my legs, as its tight even now really tight.... It didn't work for me well I couldn't walk at first, but it won't work for everyone, gym helps me stretch the muscles in my calfs also phyio helps too, when I had it back then but some home excerises also helped, but the tense up moments well there're no cure for that atm.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.