Hi All, I want to get more people in to Construction — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi All, I want to get more people in to Construction

Options
monkiemillin
monkiemillin Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Hi,

I want to help get more disabled people like me, in to construction industry. We have a massive shortfall in trained professional's right now; and not enough coming through to see it getting better anytime soon.

I have suffered with health issues for 10 years now, the last five being the hardest, but luckily for me I found my career 20 years ago and it has been great to me and took me round the world. I love it.

It is a massive issue the shortfall and I think we are not utilising disabled people in the industry and we are missing a great opportunity for both.

I have set up the follow group to look to change this and have been seeking help across the board, specifically from the CIC and everyone I talk to wants to make this happen, so please can you all help?

Disabled People in Construction

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi monkiemillin,

Welcome to the community, it's great to have you here :)

I'd like to hear more about this.
    What does the Construction industry offer in terms of job roles and career growth?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.