Appeal DLA what happens to other benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal DLA what happens to other benefits

Options
lexie
lexie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am need some advice for a friend, her son was getting higher DLA and she was getting carer's allowance.  They have stopped the DLA with no reason, they didn't even contact his Dr or any other professionals.  She is obvisouly appealing but does not know what will happen with the carer's allowance or her other benefits, she is a single mum and is now suffering from depression and anxiety.  Can anyone help?
Thanks

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Lexie,

Sorry to hear about your friend and her son losing his DLA. How old is her son?
    If the DLA stopped there will be a reason why and your friend should have been informed of this.
    Unfortunately whilst the DLA is in dispute this will lead to the loss of the Carers Allowance, it will also impact on her other benefits. It's a bit complicated to explain and it does depend on what other benefits she receives.

Please feel free to encourage your friend to get in touch with me at the helpline if she wants to talk through this some more. I could have a look and see if there are any local advice services which can support her during this time.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.