Dealing with chronic pain
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Chronic pain

beta341beta341 Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2016 in Dealing with chronic pain
hi kim
im a wounded ex servicemen and suffering in chronic pain now for years. The NHS have nothing else to offer so I need some help finding anyone who is doing research into chronic pain and needs test subjects.
many thanks


  • CommunityTeamCommunityTeam Administrator Posts: 86 Scope community team
    Hi @beta341 - we've just moved this query to the 'disabled people' category, as it's not about assistive tech so unfortunately Kim won't be able to help. Hopefully you'll get a reply soon! 
  • DorritDorrit Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have a disease of the central nervous system which turns on the Pain receptors permanently. (CRPS). I have spent the last few years working with medics. Your GP will refer you to a local nhs pain management dept. This is a multi disciplined team. At home Try mindfulness by Marked Williams (try for min20 days). Try free audiobook distraction I'm pluggin most of time! I hope this helps, more tips on reply.
Sign in or join us to comment.