Have you heard about AzuleJoe? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you heard about AzuleJoe?

JenniferU
JenniferU Community member Posts: 108 Pioneering
Hi Kim,

Just wondering what your thoughts were on this free app that's been given funding to be released: https://www.leonardcheshire.org/what-we-do/latest-news/news-and-blogs/azulejoe-wins-nesta-inclusive-technology-prize

Would be great to hear!

Thanks
Jen

Comments

• Kim_AssistiveTech
    Kim_AssistiveTech Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Hi Jen,

I have indeed as Kate (one of the founders/creators of AzuleJoe) is a Speech and Language Technician and Occupational Therapist at Scope's Beaumont College.

I've always been incredibly inspired by the work Kate has done and if anyone wants to know more please do check out CommuniKate online, it's a great resource for anyone who uses AAC.

What Joe and Kate have done is just amazing, they have come together and created a completely free AAC package that can be used on a number of different devices meaning that finally it doesn't cost a fortune for an individual to have the very simple human right to communicate. 

I could go on and on about how amazing it is all day, but needless to say I can't wait to try out AzuleJoe when it's officially released.
  • JenniferU
    JenniferU Community member Posts: 108 Pioneering
    That's really interesting, thanks Kim. It's great to hear about more affordable assistive tech. 

I can't believe Kate works at Scope's Beaumont College! I wish we'd known, we could have got her to do a blog. Hopefully we can get her to do a guest post on the community soon.  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.