Is there anyway possible for me to up my GPA in a short amount of time? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there anyway possible for me to up my GPA in a short amount of time?

KeepMeFree
KeepMeFree Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2016 in Education
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hello my name is Hannah and I'm an educational psychologist.

Comments

• KeepMeFree
    KeepMeFree Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, My name is Amanda Ibarra, I have always had issues with my grades since I was young and it was normal for me to change schools many times over, running from my grades. When I was in 11th grade I finally broke down and dropped out of school and was planning on receiving my GED, however that proved to be a mistake and my mother begged me to return to school, so I did. I am attending an ALC(Alternative Learning Center) type school now in New Ulm Mn, and I have decided I want to attend a University to study psychology myself, however I am stuck with an issue, I have a very low GPA and I only have one more semester of high school to attend until I graduate, so my question is; Is there anyway possible for me to up my GPA in a short amount of time, and if not would it be a better idea to attend a 2 yr community college for my generals before attending a university having them transfer my transcript from a college to a University, then attend that university for my doctorate degree in psychology. 
  • EducationalPsychologist
    EducationalPsychologist Community member Posts: 118 Courageous
    Hello Amanda,
    I think you are from the USA? SCOPE is a UK charity so I am not familiar with US education systems. However, my advice is that in order to improve anything you first need to understand what your specific difficulties are. This can be done through an assessment from an educational psychologist, who can then advise on specific programmes and strategies for helping you make progress. 
    Best of luck!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.