Finding a bench for school playground — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding a bench for school playground

Options
ecookiemon
ecookiemon Community member Posts: 1 Listener
We are looking to see if there would be any funding to buy a bench for a child with Cerebral palsy to sit on out at the playground if they need a rest.  Does anyone know where we could go for funding for a bench or anyone that may provide a bench to the school?

Comments

• Johnp45
    Johnp45 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Perhaps this should be a collective school project, that all the children can support. Many of the bigger children's charitys have benefactors for this specific purpose.
  • unluckyglo
    unluckyglo Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Goggle funding you should find a list of charities. Sorry alot of paperwork. Aldi Waiitrose and Tesco have funding not so much paperwork. Or you can advertise for local crowd funding. If I can help further please ask
     Good luck 
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Options
    My little girl's nursery just got a grant from The National Lottery to do their garden up - it looks brilliant now! May be worth a try 
  • unluckyglo
    unluckyglo Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Sorry I put Aldi should be Asda
    Lots of paperwork with National Lottery but also worth ago. If unable to get it locally. You could also run a charity auction
     Ask local business for donations
  • Johnp45
    Johnp45 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Our son was a Paralympic swimmer he was funded by a local charity as a National Champion.
  • MSmum99
    MSmum99 Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    Try a local DIY store/lanscape business - they may be happy to donate for advertising!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.