How it hurts to see a child with cerebral palsy but have no capacity to help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How it hurts to see a child with cerebral palsy but have no capacity to help

alouis
alouis Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited July 2016 in Cerebral palsy

Comments

• alouis
    l am an intern at this small organization in Zimbabwe which helps children with disabilities. social involvement of people with disabilities is what l want to see in my country, but the capacity to foster my dream and passion is very tiny. Please any one with better ideas help me.
  • Vic
    Vic Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hello Alouis

It sounds like a really interesting internship - are you there for long? It is such an enormous task to change attitudes. I would say start small with positive attitudes and a 'can do' way of working is essential for people to be able to reach their full potential .

Have a look at Scope's Video on the Social Model of Disability which maybe useful at http://www.scope.org.uk/about-us/our-brand/social-model-of-disability or the  End the Awkward videos at  
    I think you have made a great start by linking to other national and international disability organisations to see what they are doing. I wish you all good luck and look forward to hearing about how it is going.

• alouis
    Things are going well, but you know lack of resources is the biggest challenge
  • tisszy
    tisszy Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    What do you think you need? 
  • alouis
    Well wishers who can fund the Organization. the youths need diapers and detergents because they do bed wetters. We also need help with medication.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.