PA car insurance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PA car insurance

beardyman
beardyman Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi Anybody out there found a reasonably priced car insurer. We are needing to put young PA,s (under 25) on our WAV insurance so us oldies dont have to drive our daughter all the time. So far looking expensive, one quote was nearly a grand. Any ideas?

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    edited July 2016
    Hi Beardyman,

Have you tried Fish Insurance? https://www.fishinsurance.co.uk/
    They have a range of insurance products for those with pre-existing medical conditions, mobility issues and disabilities including car insurance.

I hope this is helpful.

Good luck
    Debbie :)
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    I have found FISH really good too.

Just a couple of ideas: look for policies that have a very low mileage limit e.g. less than 5000 miles per year for certain named drivers or a restriction they can't drive it at night. Some companies put black boxes in that assess driving standards and offer a much cheaper premium. 
  • nutsville
    nutsville Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I have a converted 7 seater MPV car with an electric lift which I drive and my disabled daughter is the passenger, I have been insured for 8 years with an Insurance Broker named Chris Knott the insurance is fantastic it covers the car and the cost of the conversion, no other company can meet there prices, when I first went with them they quoted £300 LESS than other companies 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.