Need to start working again — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need to start working again

Mr_tj
Mr_tj Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I just need some advice on getting back into work. About 5 years ago I was involved in a serious accident that has left me wheelchair bound, an for a very long time I've been through pain and suffering. Now I'm at a state that I think I can get back into work. But the problem I have with my CV is that I have not worked for 5 years and I'm not sure how to include that into my CV.

I also need some advice on what kind of jobs I should be applying for, as I'm still in a wheelchair and I really want to work. I used to be a personal trainer, so I can't go back to that field. 

Thank you

Comments

• Ditto
    Ditto Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Have you tried going on a course, college or online, to retrain?

Have you tried approaching your local health centre to see if they have a position for you? With your previous job as a personal trainer you could do admin (doing the personal fitness plans etc) or some other role which you have knowledge of and you would be seen as a positive role model for other people with disabilities who visit the health centre. 
  • Mwila_Scope
    Mwila_Scope Scope Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Hi @Mr_tj
    Hope you're well. How are you getting on with your quest of getting back to work?
    if you are still looking for work and require some support, Scope have a brand new employment service which you might find useful.
    Support to work provides employment support to disabled seeking work. our experienced employment advisers will help assess your employability skills and needs, and also help with CV's and interview techniques. 

If you would like to find out more and register for the service, you can do so on the following link; www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork 
    alternatively you can give us a call on; 0300 222 5742 or email supporttowork@scope.org.uk 
    Kind regards,
    Mwila
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.