Deaf/ vestibular issues and Tinnitus Job issues — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Deaf/ vestibular issues and Tinnitus Job issues

Options
Shortycymru9
Shortycymru9 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2016 in Sensory impairments
Hi My name is Vonnie, i'm 45 yrs old.

I'd like to know if anyone has issues with getting a job?
I'm hard of hearing i wear two hearing aids, I suffer from Tinnitus (ringing in both ears), also suffer from vertigo attacks/bad dizzy spells which is often also have imbalance issues (Not always).

I live in Pwllheli, North wales  u.k. And the  nearest  Scope is  Caernarfon which is  a fair  distance for someone who doesn't  travel as in any transport triggers my vertigo attacks.

I did work for 20 years in a warehouse the vertigo attacks only started 6 yrs ago and made things   hard at work due to health and safety. Sadly i no longer work at the moment.

Even tho i'm suffering from vertigo attacks i still want to work (paid work) I am on PIP and ESA.

I feel very alone being hard of hearing i don't know anyone else who is deaf to talk to. 
I'm looking to see if anyone has been in this situation-  doesn't have to be vertigo, can be tinnitus as well. Just want to chat and see  if i can  finally get somewhere to find work.

I've passed as a beginner on Makaton, Just awaiting for a follow up later this year. 

If you got this far, Thank you for  reading. Please  say hello   to me. Any comments would be appreciated.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.