Pip stopped Why — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip stopped Why

Options
littkekegs914
littkekegs914 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hii I have cerebellar ataxia  and hemiphlegic migraine and last October I had to go to pip appeal for pip I won and was awarded full care and mobility . I have had to apply again for pip and do a face to face interview and yesterday I have got a letter saying pip has stopped.  I  feel victimised by  the people at pip because they don't seem to understand  cerebellar ataxia and hemiphlegic migraine because it's not  heard of much. My ataxia symptoms can be the same as someone with m.s.   Hemiphlegic migraine  causes stroke like symptoms .im dreading all the fighting again .

Comments

• Geo08
    Geo08 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Hello @littkekegs914,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with PIP, I'm dreading my reassessment that will come up sometime in the next year.

I'm very curious how they arrived at their decision after going from full care and mobility to nothing. Has anything changed for you? How did the assessment go? How often do your symptoms stop you engaging in your activities of daily living (the things that they assess your care needs on).

If you don't want to answer any of the above questions, please do not feel you have to!

Thanks,
    George
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    hii I have cerebellar ataxia  and hemiphlegic migraine and last October I had to go to pip appeal for pip I won and was awarded full care and mobility . I have had to apply again for pip and do a face to face interview and yesterday I have got a letter saying pip has stopped.  I  feel victimised by  the people at pip because they don't seem to understand  cerebellar ataxia and hemiphlegic migraine because it's not  heard of much. My ataxia symptoms can be the same as someone with m.s.   Hemiphlegic migraine  causes stroke like symptoms .im dreading all the fighting again .
    Hello there,

I'm a bit confused as to what has happened with your PIP. You say that you were awarded both components of PIP in October last year but then had to re-apply. Was this a review of your PIP award or did something happen in between? It doesn't sound right what has happened and I would like to talk to you some more about this. Are you able to contact me at the helpline so we can discuss this further?

Many thanks
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.