Anti-social behaviours — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anti-social behaviours

jenderson63
jenderson63 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am a support worker and support a gentleman with severe learning disabilities. He lives with two other gents. My client keeps taking his trousers off and urinates on the floor when he thinks noone is looking.
How can i assist him to get out of this behaviour??

Comments

• KENDAL123
    KENDAL123 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Hi my son who is only 5 years old with learning disabilities and am having the same problem at the moment but he doesn't seem to understand that it is wrong to do that. Every 30m when am with him I try prompting him to go use the toilet.
  • jenderson63
    How are you handling your problem?? Sometimes my gent will go to the toilet but other times he seems to deliberately pee on the floor..is it attention??  Yes my gent is prompted and taken to the toilet then 5m later he has wet on the floor somewhere in the house.
  • KENDAL123
    I think sometimes it's being lazy because his playing but the other day when he was getting ready for bed he started to wee I had to tel him know and he seemed really shocked. Have arranged for him to go to see someone about it, still in pull ups at bed time tryied so many times to get him out of them. 
  • jenderson63
    It is a difficult one. My gent is 78 so his could be bladder probs or dementia. But he knows what he is doing because he goes in the toilet then turns away from the toilet and urinates on the floor.
    Oh wat to do.
    I wish my gent would wear pullups  :)
  • KENDAL123
    He could have a infection if he does he won't realise what his doing,i work with elderly 
  • jenderson63
    Hi again.  Yes your right he could have an infection but its a job to get a sample from him.  Even tho he wees all over the place..but i will look into it.  Thanks for that.
    How do you deal with little one when he wees everywhere??

• Madaddams
    Madaddams Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi jenderson63, I've had to deal with a similar issue in the past with a young child, so know how frustrating it can be. I'm wondering if there is any chance your client is just not happy with his surroundings. I'm thinking perhaps if he doesn't like where he lives for any reason, he may be expressing his frustration. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.