If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Housing for single parent with a disability

Hi can anyone help with how to get a house/flat. i currently live with my parents with my child and I am desparate to move into my own accommodation.


  • bambam Posts: 331Member, Community champion Chatterbox
    I'm curious too but but I live in the United States
  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Posts: 728Member, Helpline, Community advisor Chatterbox
    Hi Lesley60,

    There are some options to consider but the best starting place is to contact your local council and ask for a housing options appointment. They will be able to talk through your options with you and let you know what routes into housing are available for you. 

    Each local authority will have an allocations policy so it would be a good idea to find out in advance what their policy is. If you want to tell me which council you come under I can look this up for you.

    Also could you tell me a bit more about your disability and how old your child is? If you don't want to share this information on here then feel free to get in touch with me at the helpline and we can go from there.

    Look forward to hearing from you :)

Sign in or join us to comment.