I work 30hrs a week - can I claim PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I work 30hrs a week - can I claim PIP?

Options
skippyboo
skippyboo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all I suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm Nov 2013 I suffer with cognitive issues fatigue and also short term memory loss. I currently work 30hrs a week I have not claimed for PIP but people keep telling me I should apply.. I also wonder whether I would be entitled to a blue badge as I often forget where I park and get pretty stressed out due to anxiety and depression.. could anyone give me advice if I could claim pip or the badge..

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi skippyboo,

A good way of working out whether to apply for PIP is to complete a PIP self-assessment test and you can do this on the Benefits and Work website http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

You'll see all of the activity descriptors and at the end it will tell you what your score is. This is not to say that you will be assessed and guaranteed that amount of points but it's a good place to start. Also see the information on our website about PIP as this links to further sources of information and resources http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/money/pip 

You can automatically qualify for a blue badge if you score 8 or more points in the moving around section of PIP and if you don't automatically qualify it's still possible to apply for a discretionary blue badge if you have walking difficulties. Your local authority administers the blue badges so do check with them what their eligibility criteria is.

I hope this helps :)

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.