Question about my son's cerebral palsy and night-time pad removal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about my son's cerebral palsy and night-time pad removal

Options
Itzyglitzy
Itzyglitzy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2016 in Cerebral palsy
Hi , my name is Carol and my son is 14 years old. He has cerebral palsy and cannot weight bear at all. I have questions about night time pad removal !

Comments

• Itzyglitzy
    Itzyglitzy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    During the last year my son has been infatuated with his Willy ! This does not bother me as he usually plays with it whilst in bed. What is getting me (and him ) down , is that this process includes pushing his pad lower at the front and making his pad useless during the night. Every morning he and his bed are soaked. I have to wash him and his bedding every day. 
    Any ideas ? Have tried man size popper vests but they don't stop the fiddling / leaking.  Help. It,s getting me down
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Itzyglitzy,

Have you seen the community tips about toileting? There's some good ideas and solutions provided by parents and carers.
    http://www.scope.org.uk/support/tips/toileting/toilet-bedwetting

You can also get some advice from ERIC The Children's Bowel and Bladder charity. http://www.eric.org.uk/

I hope this helps and hopefully some of our community members will be able to join in with this post and share some ideas with you.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.