Parents and carers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.


judyrjudyr Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Parents and carers
I care for my grand-daughter who has ASD.  She is 13 years old.  I need someone to care for her her so that I can visit an elderly relative who lives abroad.  Has any one any advice on how I can get this type of respite care?  Where do I start?   Has any one done something similar?


  • Blue FrogBlue Frog Member Posts: 373 Pioneering
    edited September 2016
    Try your local children's services (used to be called social services) they can do an assessment of your grandaughter's needs and perhaps a carers assessment. They usually have specialist social workers who support children with disabilities and they can advise on things like respite - though it is sometimes referred to as short break care 
  • judyrjudyr Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Thank you.  Blue Frog
Sign in or join us to comment.