Want to carry on working — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Want to carry on working

Options
rosiesmith6354
rosiesmith6354 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I work 18 hours per week, in a job I love. My employer has put many things in place to enable me to go on working with my numerous medical conditions. I'm 62 and have been with the firm for 17 years. My dla was stopped last may, and I've been refused pip. I'm waiting for a date for the tribunal. I would still have been entitled to tax credits, as I'm over 60, but they no longer exist in my area. I've been refused universal credit as I earn too much! I earn £600 pcm and my bills are £800. That's not counting food , transport, credit card etc. I'm getting into terrible debt and don't know what to do. How can I be earning too much for universal credit?  I'm barely over the national living wage. Cab don't know what else to suggest. Please help. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.