If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

One-year old with CP struggles with car seat - Any suggestions?

gemwgemw Posts: 6Member Listener
edited September 2016 in Parents and carers
i have a one year old baby with cerebral palsay who has trouble in a car seat he finds it very uncomfortable as he bends his right leg in an struggles to relax his muscles anyone got any suggestions please. at moment i cannot go out on my own with him which is hard with a 3 year old too

Replies

• Blue FrogBlue Frog Posts: 373Member Pioneering
    edited September 2016
    Hi @gemw we were pretty fortunate as my little girl tolerated her car seat really well (but I am so glad we are past that stage as she has a WAV now) have you tried looking on here?

http://incarsafetycentre.co.uk/category/special-needs/

They do consultations and a few people have said they provide really good advice. You could also ask baby's physio/OT (but they won't pay for one) Newlife charity might help you there 
  • LettyLetty Posts: 7Member Courageous
    perhaps there are some stretches physio can recommend? Our daughter used to try to arch her back, she would come out sweating after a lot of crying. I did not ask for help much. perhaps it is quite easily solved with help. Other than that I did find it made a huge difference when I turned her round later on.
Sign in or join us to comment.