One-year old with CP struggles with car seat - Any suggestions? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

One-year old with CP struggles with car seat - Any suggestions?

gemw
gemw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
i have a one year old baby with cerebral palsay who has trouble in a car seat he finds it very uncomfortable as he bends his right leg in an struggles to relax his muscles anyone got any suggestions please. at moment i cannot go out on my own with him which is hard with a 3 year old too

Comments

• Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    edited September 2016
    Hi @gemw we were pretty fortunate as my little girl tolerated her car seat really well (but I am so glad we are past that stage as she has a WAV now) have you tried looking on here?

http://incarsafetycentre.co.uk/category/special-needs/

They do consultations and a few people have said they provide really good advice. You could also ask baby's physio/OT (but they won't pay for one) Newlife charity might help you there 
  • Letty
    Letty Community member Posts: 7 Courageous
    perhaps there are some stretches physio can recommend? Our daughter used to try to arch her back, she would come out sweating after a lot of crying. I did not ask for help much. perhaps it is quite easily solved with help. Other than that I did find it made a huge difference when I turned her round later on.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.