My father isn't getting the best treatment by the hospital he should have — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My father isn't getting the best treatment by the hospital he should have

db40280
db40280 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Stoke survivor who's father has just had massive stroke and isn't getting the best treatment by the hospital he should have.he was 73 years old when this happened othwise apart from the angina 
was very active and healthy.he has been shipped off to a care home some distance from me as I have no transport other than taxis I'm finding it hard to keep visiting him as I did at the hospital daily at£14!0/week.now the care home is £50 each way. He was very violent to the hospital staff members and only remained calm with my visits..just had a call from the care home to say my father has become violent to the staff.i rang the care home to warn them about this situation because I found out the care home assessment was done with my father heavily sedated and recommend that it was necessary to re assess him drug free but this never happened and the assessment wasn't completed.now I'm expected keep him in check at my own expense which as I live on benefits I'm unable to afford to pay.
also the council is dragging it's heals in supplying me the relate imformation I requested in order to clear my fathers flat as I only have a month to clear out and I need his national insurance number in order to claim attendance allowance for him to be paid into a separate bank account to help with the payment off the care home 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.