If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Am I entitled to ESA?

AnnMkerrAnnMkerr Posts: 1Member
edited September 2016 in Welcomes and introductions
I am my partners full carer,  he claims esa,   am I entitled to esa also in my own right I have  copd , Asthma , arthritis  .b


  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Posts: 947Member Pioneering
    Hello @AnnMkerr,

    Welcome to the community! :)

    If you're living together as a couple you can only claim one 'out of work' benefit between you. So you will need to make a joint claim for ESA. Your partner can add you to his existing claim. It might be a good idea to get some further advice about this though. Do you have a local carers centre in your area where you can get some advice?

    Best wishes

Sign in or join us to comment.