If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Need help filling in PIP form

DorothyDorothy Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in PIP, DLA and AA
I am 64 years old and I am finding it hard to cope with my life,I suffer with COPD I have problems with my breathing and I suffer chronic pain due to a back and neck problem I have been trying to get some help with filling in my PIP I cannot seem to get any help from anywhere  Don't have the confidence to do this on my own,can you advice me where I can get some help


  • TenTen Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Have you tried places like; Age Uk, local Carer's centre, Citizen Advice Bureau or a local disability organisation. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    edited September 2016
    Dear Dorothy,

    It is really hard to fill in these long forms by yourself. If you regularly see a hospital consultant, do you know if there is anyone at the hospital who can help you - some NHS settings have welfare rights advisers attached to them. Citizens Advice and Age UK are both good suggestions, as is a carer's centre which some local authorities may have. You can also check to see if there is a local disability advice/info organisation - again your local council should be able to tell you, or you could look on their website.

    Disability Rights UK have a list of members and you could have a look to see if there's any organisation near you.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.