Is my son entitled to an enhanced rate of apprenticeship payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is my son entitled to an enhanced rate of apprenticeship payment?

Carol1962
Carol1962 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi...My name is Carol ...Im new here so hello!! Im a single mum with four boys ...Sam is my youngest at 20 and has Aspergers Syndrome...after completing college and a few work experience placements he has now thankfully landed an Apprenticeship for a year...Im obviously hugely proud of him!! My question is as he had the enhanced level of ESA when he was job searching we were told he would be entitled to an enhanced rate of Apprenticeship payment? Is this true and if so how do we apply for this?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hello @Carol1962,

Thanks for your post and well done to your son for securing an apprenticeship.

I'm not aware of an enhanced rate of apprenticeship payment but the Disability Rights 'Into Apprenticeships The Guide for Disabled People' does go into detail about the help available including Access to work. I can't find any mention of an enhanced rate of pay as such, but there is information about additional support and this can come through the college or training provider. Have a read through the guide and if you need any further information let me know.

How many hours will he be working under the apprenticeship and how much is his hourly rate of pay as things stand?

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.