If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How have people got on with the transfer from DLA to PIP?

JRPJRP Posts: 2Member
edited October 2016 in PIP, DLA and AA
Just wondering how others have got on with the transfer from DLA to PIP...had indefinite award for mobility and care - higher one on both and got PIP forms through and trying to muddle my way through. Anyone got any advice please? Only got 2 weeks to complete:/

Replies

• julierosejulierose Posts: 23Member Connected
    just make sure you gather a stack of evidence from all areas can ...i too was on same now lost it all ...good luck ,i hope all works out right and fair for you .
  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Posts: 947Member Pioneering
    Hi @JRP,

If you're not able to complete the forms in time you can ask for an extension and they usually allow an extra two weeks but they may allow longer if you're waiting for an appointment at a local advice service for help with the forms. As long as you contact them and let them know it shouldn't be a problem.

Filling in the form is a crucial part of the process and it's important to be as thorough as you can and provide as much evidence as you can get.

You might find it helpful to look at Disability Rights UK's PIP Guide to making a claim. It's really good at explaining the whole process.

If you think you might need help with the form filling check our Services Directory to see if there are any local advice and information services near you. You can also get help from your local CAB.
    Some local council's have welfare rights teams which can help with benefits so it's worth checking with your council too.

If you need any further advice let me know.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • JRPJRP Posts: 2Member
    Hi all, thanks for your help. I've asked PIP for an extension and they've agreed two more weeks. Have rang my local CRT to ask for their help too. Rang my local Disability Solutions team but they're up to their eyes with PIP forms already. Fingers crossed it'll be okay. 
    Best wishes 
  • nanof6nanof6 Posts: 200Member Pioneering
    JRP,hi, i went from DLA to PIP i filled the forms in in march and got first payment of pip the end of september,they payed dla up till then, but try to get any letters from hospital ot, dr, and send coppies with the form, also from what i read a lot of them can be a bit disonist with the truth, so if you can record your interview, you have to have 2 devices, copy what is said, so there is no lies comming from them.  good luck,
  • Collette VipondCollette Vipond Posts: 1Member
    My DLA was stopped on the 2nd of December 2015 when my first PIP application was declined. I have applied for PIP a number of time since then, I have finally had a letter from DWP confirming that I will be awarded PIP from 28 September 2016 to be paid one month in arrears expected payment on 27 October 2016.

In my Social Worker's opinion I was and still am entitled to disability benefit payments during all the time that none was paid.  In my Social Worker's opinion the DWP should pay to all the payment installments that have been missed at the earliest opportunity.

Please provide assistance in this matter.
  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Posts: 947Member Pioneering
    HI @Collette Vipond

Sorry to hear this. What reason was given for the first PIP application being declined? When you received this decision, did you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration? How many times since then have you applied for PIP?

I'm interested to learn more about to this to see if I can identify your appeal rights. I need a lot more information from you in order to work this out. If you don't want to share this information on the community you can get in touch with me at the helpline, call 0808 800 3333 or send an email to [email protected]

Many thanks
    Debbie
  • JoanneMontgomeryJoanneMontgomery Posts: 9Member Connected
    Hi Nanof6 you are the first person I've heard of who was able to transfer straight from DLA to PIP like that without any problems or appeals?  That really gives me a little bit of hope that it can happen!  Thank you for posting and the advice.  I'm just waiting for my forms to arrive!  Congratulations. 
Sign in or join us to comment.