PIP interview today — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP interview today

Zoegb1
Zoegb1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2016 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've been on DLA for 9 years and had 2 cars one of which I still have. I've got my PIP interview today and I'm really worried I won't get it even though I've got ibs, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis in all of my joints and my back is awful leaving me with constant sciatica because my facet joint has fussed over my sciatic nerve, I have facet joint and nerve block injections in my back every 6 months, then in each hip every 6 months and now my right shoulder every 6 months, I'm on fentanyl patches at 50mg plus dihydracodine and co codamol, then methocarbamol, gabapentin etc. I can't do much for myself without being in pain but I try to keep myself self sufficient, but I will tell them I can go a week without a bath or shower which I can if my hubby isn't home to help me, but I don't want them to think I'm laying it on to thick even though I'll be honest. I don't go out at all, the last time I went it was a week ago for my injections, I've not actually been out in months except for injections or to the Dr's, I get my shopping delivered our someone gets it for me. I don't cook or clean I just sit in my electric chair all day reading or watching tv. If I'm having a bad day I stay in bed so I can get to the en suite easily. I'm just worried I won't get the PIP even though I'm a genuine case, my hubby is self employed so he came home if needed and he's taking me with my wheel chair. Sorry I've rambled! Hopefully there will be a good result and I don't lose my car, I'm not sure what I'd do without it as we can't afford a new one with my hubby having a van for work. I'll let you know how I get on, please keep your fingers crossed for me! Thanks for reading this :blush:

Comments

• nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    ZOE, i wish you luck, i no its very stressful, and a long time to find out if you get it,did you have your interview at home?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    How did the assessment go, Zoe?  Have you asked the DWP for a copy of the assessor's report?  This should arrive before the decision and give you an idea of what the decision is likely to be.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Zoegb1 How did it go? 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Zoegb1
    I didn't get any care allowance and only low disability! I'm now wiring to ask them to reconsider the decision and then appeal. I can't believe how she twisted everything and also omitted a lot of what I said, I've been a mess since and I'm not sure how to fix it.
    My mobility car is going back on the 4th of Jan when my money goes down to £20 a week! I'm not sure how I'll manage with no car, I hardly go out because I've got depression and anxiety but according to the last I'm not depressed even though I attempted suicide 7ish yrs ago and was rushed to hospital by blue light ambulance! Where we live in the middle of nowhere the bus is only every few hrs but I can't walk as far as the bus stop! I'll be tied to the house 24/7 and I'm not sure what to do to sort it if it has to go too appeal
  • Zoegb1
    I didn't know I could ask for a copy of the interview, my husband took time off work to take me 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.