Trying to buy knee-high boots for my daughter, who wears splints — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trying to buy knee-high boots for my daughter, who wears splints

Options
ibrahim15
ibrahim15 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi .my name Safina.I'm trying to buy knee high leather boots for my daughter .She has to wear splints=.I need boots that have zipps or bottons on both sides of the boot for a foot to go in place.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I searched for "knee high boots zips both sides" and found a few options, so it would be worth you having a look online. Otherwise, looking for boots with extra wide fittings might be worth a try! Let us know how you go on. Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    You can also take a look at the Tips on shoes and socks page.

Best of luck

Sam
    Scope
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    @niceboots any ideas? 
    Scope
  • niceboots
    niceboots Scope Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Options
    Ooh That's a tough one! I've not had much luck with boots and splints as they're really tough to get splints into, unless they open really far down like hiking boots or the standard Piedro boots, and even then I have to wiggle them on - the afo shuffle an interesting dance!!! Another thing to remember is that to get into a lot of boots you have to point your foot - totally impossible in a splint... We once tried to get wellies to go over my splints when I was little, as I grew up in the country and was often around horses and in other mucky places, but wellies were an absolute no go! Even ones that had a wider opening... 
    I know piedro did knee high boots a while ago, so maybe give them a try! Good luck!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.